Monday, October 26, 2009

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once

Well, to put it lightly, alot has happened in the last month. October has always been a month that hits me harder than the rest. It starts with my Birthday which is usually a wonderful day due to the great people in my life who are always there to make me smile and laugh. This year seemed hard mainly because I knew James and I were struggling with money and I didn't want alot of pressure on James' shoulders for a big birthday party.


Money Sucks!!! I've always had a job and I've always been able to just spend what I wanted. I mean I've never been rich, lol, that's funny to even think about. I have just always been one to buy what I want and enjoy it. Lately, since losing my job at Zales, it's been different. I have had to be so careful that all the bills are covered and that we have food for the babies as well as for ourselves. James has been so stressed about the money. If you want to give a relationship a test.... have both people unemployed and see if they are able to make it through. I'm so happy and blessed to say that James and I made it! We made it and I know that we can make it through anything now.


New jobs were the best part of this month. James now works for Office Max which lets him show his "geek" side, which he really really likes!! He's been working so hard and I really think that he enjoys it which makes me so so happy!! I was lucky enough to also get a job this month, well... I start the beginning of next month, but still. I will be working for Idaho Central Credit Union, which I am so excited about!!! When I lost Zales, I took some time to soul search and really think about what I really wanted to do for a career that I would enjoy and that would benefit James and my life together. After alot of thought and a great example of how Julie loves Potelco, I decided I wanted a more structured job... workin' 9-5, what a way to make a livin'... that's what I want! Now I am lucky enough to say that's exactly what I found!! I am so anxious to start work that I hope this next week flies by so that I can get going and be back in the work force!! I can't wait!!!


But wait I must because this month came with a surprise that has changed my life forever.... or at least that's what the doctors keep telling me. On October 16th I was hospitalised with a DVT which is a deep-vein thrombosis or blood clot for those who don't speak the medical language. Seems that birth control might be good at keeping away the babies, but it clogs up blood in your legs and causes alot of problems!!! I had been in alot of pain for about a week before I gave in and went to see a dr. Being without medical insurance I really didn't want to have to give in... but I'm lucky that I finally did. I was instantly sent for an ultrasound on my leg once the dr. heard that I was having pains in my calve and that my leg was starting to swell. After a very scary ultrasound experience with a jerk of a dr.... some people shouldn't have a degree if they don't know how to treat the people on their table!!! Anyway, after the ultrasound I was sent to the hospital to be admitted... I could just see the dollar signs lining up.... and I knew James could too. I was admitted and the chaos started... a blood clot is life threatening.... so they made me answer questions for two hours before doing anything, all the while scaring me to death with the chances of a heart attack or death. THANKS GUYS!! Well, they started me on blood thinners and got me going on some pain meds, which I was so so grateful for. The thing that made this experience so odd was that my dad had the same thing happen a few years ago, and that had been scary enough but to now have it be me.... I was terrified. I kept my composure pretty well through the whole thing, I didn't want my mom or James to know how scared I was. I think now I can admit that it has been the scariest thing to happen in my life. Being jumped on Halloween and going through my car accident was nothing in comparison. I was lucky enough to be released from the hospital after one night and sent home to medicate myself and stay off my leg. I now have been sitting on my couch for most of two weeks. James has been such a rock through the whole thing. Now, my house has never been this dirty and the fridge is empty, but he has been so very patient and helpful. I love him so much, and I can't believe that I am so lucky to have him!!!


Now, as I sit on my couch (leg propped as directed) with my little Lucy in my lap, I hope that October has taken all it's hits this year and that the next week will be mostly uneventful. James' birthday is on the 27th which I hope is a good day for him and I plan to ignore Halloween as usual! I just pray that it will be a good end to a trying month and that November will shine through like it always does and bless me with wonderful experiences at home, with friends, and AT WORK!!!!


Me and 'Nurse' Lucy

No comments: